Aggressive, Determined Laredo Workplace Accident Lawyer - We Fight for Texans Injured on the Job
Laredo workplace injury lawyer John R. Solis knows how devastating on-the-job accidents can be. You might be perfectly healthy one minute, and the next minute your life changes. You suddenly have a serious injury or a long-term disability. You may be wondering what to do next. The answer can be complicated, which is why it's wise to contact the Law Office of John R. Solis immediately for a free consultation.
In Texas, employers do not have to carry workers' compensation insurance, which is a standard business insurance that exists to help employees recover from workplace injuries, diseases or illnesses. Though it is regulated by the state of Texas, workers' comp is not mandatory-and that means that your employer may not carry it. If you were injured and your employer is a "non-subscriber" or a company that does not subscribe to workers' compensation insurance, you may wonder who will pay for your losses. In such cases, we can seek payments directly from your employer's pocket.
What happens when an employer disputes my injury claim?
Unfortunately, many employers don't believe their employee was hurt at work and refuse to pay for the necessary medical treatment, occupational rehabilitation or lost wages. They will dispute the injury claim and some may even fire the injured employee to avoid paying for any job-related injury expenses. The Law Office of John R. Solis can stand up for you and hold your employer accountable.
In some cases, someone or a company other than your employer may be responsible for your injury. If this is the case, you may be entitled to pursue compensation from that individual or entity. These are known as third-party liability claims. You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the individual or company responsible for your accident.
Where do accidents happen?
Some workplaces are more hazardous than others. Construction sites, oil and gas fields, warehouses, railroads, rail yards, and commercial docks all present unique hazards to workers. But work injuries can happen at any job site in Texas. White collar workers can suffer injuries in offices because of slip and fall hazards. They might suffer repetitive motion injuries.
What should I do after my workplace accident?
The Law Office of John R. Solis recommends that you take the following steps if you've been hurt in a Texas workplace accident:
- Seek emergency medical attention immediately. Your safety comes first. Failure to do so might not only jeopardize your health, but also increase the chances that your work injury claim will be denied.
- Notify your supervisor, manager, or human resources department immediately. If you've been injured and wait a day or longer to report your injury, an insurance company might argue that there's no link between your injury and the workplace accident.
- Request workers' compensation forms from your employer (if your employer carries workers' comp insurance) and ask if there is any other paperwork required to be filled out.
- Follow your doctors' orders. They have your best interests in mind. If you fail to follow their guidelines, you might not be able to obtain all the compensation and benefits you truly deserve.
- Do not give a recorded statement to an insurance company without first consulting a lawyer. Without legal advice, you might lose your right to compensation.
- Contact an experienced Texas workplace accident attorney to help you file your claim.
A Workplace Injury Lawyer in Laredo You Can Count On
Every workplace accident is unique. There may be any number of factors contributing to the accident. Because these cases can be complicated, it's wise to contact an experienced attorney for a free consultation. Call the Law Office of John R. Solis today: 866-465-9093. In case after case, we take a personalized approach to ensure each client gets the attention he or she deserves.
People come first at the Law Office of John R. Solis. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation with an aggressive, results-driven workplace accident attorney in Laredo. Our experienced legal team is ready to stand up for you. Call 866-465-9093 today. We serve the legal needs of English and Spanish speaking clients in Laredo and across Texas.
Click here for a printable version.