Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Laredo - Helpful Tips from Attorney John R. Solis
It's normal to feel upset, confused or even angry after being involved in a car accident in Laredo. The Law Office of John R. Solis is here to help. We have come up with a list of suggested steps to take after your accident, both at the scene of the accident itself and in the days, weeks and months after the crash.
Please remember to call the Law Office of John R. Solis if you've been in an accident because of somebody else's negligence. A delay may affect your right to recover compensation. Call 866-465-9093 for a free case consultation with an attorney who puts people first. Proudly serving English and Spanish speaking clients in Laredo and across Texas.
At the scene of the accident:
- Call 911. Report any injuries, whether another driver fled the accident scene and whether you suspect another driver is under the influence of drugs.
- Request medical assistance. Even if you don't believe you've been hurt, some car accident injuries take weeks to develop.
- Exchange insurance information and driver's license information with all other parties involved in the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including vehicles, intersections and skid marks.
- Take notes about the time, weather conditions, visibility, traffic and other factors.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
After your accident:
- See your doctor immediately if you experience pain or believe you're injured.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident. Give them contact information for other drivers and request any necessary paperwork to file.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company representative without first speaking with a lawyer.
- Obtain a copy of your Texas accident report.
- If you're injured, keep appointments with your doctor and keep him or her informed about the effects of your injury.
- Contact us. The Law Office of John R. Solis is ready to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Even if you are sure the accident was caused by the other driver, you need to take all necessary steps to prevent that person's insurance company from taking advantage of you. If you were in an accident caused by a reckless or negligent driver, we're ready to help. We'll interview witnesses. We can gather evidence and scour the police report. We have access to medical exports and accident reconstruction teams. Whatever it takes to help get life back on track. Contact us today.