Investigating Trucking Companies
They don't intimidate truck accident lawyer John R. Solis
Dealing with a serious truck accident in Texas? Odds are you're also dealing with the truck driver's trucking company. And in our experience, trucking companies can be very difficult and uncooperative, especially if one of their drivers caused your accident.
That's why it's important to talk to an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible about your accident. That way, you can learn more about your legal options and which one makes the most sense for your particular case.
John R. Solis, Attorney at Law in Laredo has been dealing with serious truck accidents and investigating trucking companies for years. We know what information to look for, what questions to ask and how to hold trucking companies accountable for their actions.
What evidence matters most
Trucking companies can often be very secretive after a serious truck accident. That's because they know the information they have about the accident and the driver could be used against them. Some of the most important information trucking companies may have concerning your accident includes:
- Hours of Service (HOS) logs - Federal law requires all commercial truck drivers to keep accurate records of exactly when they were driving and when they took legally mandated breaks.
- "Black box" truck data - Information collected by an electronic device installed in the truck. This device records the truck's speed, location and other important information at the time of accident.
- Truck company's maintenance records - Trucking companies have a responsibility to properly maintain their trucks. This includes routine maintenance (oil changes, checking the brakes, etc.) and repairing mechanical problems right away.
- Truck driver's driving history - Sometimes, truck drivers have a history of bad driving - other truck accidents, drunk driving arrests, speeding tickets. Such information can be critical when building a legal case against the truck driver and trucking company.
- Trucking company's hiring records - Some trucking companies knowingly hire dangerous truck drivers with a history of reckless driving. An in-depth investigation of a trucking company's records can reveal such important information.
Information is important after a serious truck accident. That's why many trucking companies can be so difficult to deal with after a truck crash. They know the information they have could be used to build a compelling legal case against them. That's where we come in.
How our law firm can help you
Attorney Solis and his experienced legal team know how to deal with trucking companies. As your law firm, we can demand that the trucking company provides us with these important records. And we will act fast since certain records (including HOS logs) can be legally destroyed by the trucking company after a certain period.
And if the trucking company refuses to cooperate with us, we're prepared to file a lawsuit against them on your behalf and take them to court. You can count on us when it matters most. Contact our law firm and learn more about how an experienced truck accident lawyer can help you. Schedule your free case evaluation today.