What to Do If Injured Because of Negligence - Tips from Laredo Personal Injury Lawyer John R. Solis
The physical, emotional and financial impact of an accident can be overwhelming. You may be confused and frustrated. We recommend you call us immediately for help: 866-465-9093. But before you call us, you can take steps in the moments after your accident to protect your rights. The steps you take can make a difference in the long run - it could mean the difference between fair compensation and years of financial hardship. Without question, your actions after an accident may not only affect your quality of life, but also your right to compensation.
Attorney Solis recommends taking the following steps after an accident in Laredo:
- Call 911 first, if you are able to do so.
- Gather information. Take notes. Make sure your (or someone else) writes down details about your accident: exact location, time of day, weather conditions, etc. The more details you record, the better off you will be down the road if you are pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Look for any witnesses and obtain their contact information.
- Use your camera or your cell phone to take photos of the accident location.
- Don't discuss the accident with the other people involved in the accident or witnesses, and don't accept any responsibility.
- Visit your doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are injured, keep appointments with your doctor and keep him or her informed about your pain and other effects of the injury.
- Never give a recorded statement to the at-fault party's insurance company.
- If you are contacted by the other party's insurance company, decline to comment. You can refer their questions to your attorney.
- Talk to personal injury lawyer John R. Solis as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
We're ready to help you. Contact us today.
If you have suffered physical injuries or a loved one was injured or died in an accident, we urge you to call the Law Office of John R. Solis immediately for a free consultation. We are ready to listen to your story and discuss your options. We can guide you step-by-step through this difficult process. We will fight for you until it's over. Contact us today at 866-465-9093 to schedule a free case consultation. Our firm serves the legal needs of English and Spanish speaking clients in Laredo and throughout Texas.